COVID-19 Patient Information Updates
By Buffalo Medical Group | March 13 2020 | BMG News & Updates
At Buffalo Medical Group the safety and well-being of our patients & staff is our highest priority.
The Coronavirus situation is rapidly changing and we are keeping current with CDC and Erie County Department of Health recommendations. For your safety, as well as that of other patients and staff, if you are experiencing fever along with cough or shortness of breath, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- Remain at home and limit contact with family members. Contact your Primary Care Provider immediately, using either a secure message or an e-visit in your patient portal MyBMGChart to discuss the best course of treatment for your symptoms.
- If you have a routine scheduled appointment for any other health related matter, and are experiencing the above symptoms, you should similarly remain at home and limit contact with family members. Use your patient portal MyBMGChart to cancel your appointment and send a secure message to your provider for an alternative treatment plan. An e-visit may be an option for you based on the advice of your provider.
If you don’t have access to MyBMGChart, please call your provider office.
How we’re Handling Patient Appointments:
- All patients with a scheduled appointment will be called the day before to assess any symptoms, exposure risk, and to review other health conditions to determine the best treatment plan and care method based on their needs.
- We will provide our patients with alternative options to coming into the office, including e-visits through MyBMGChart.
- We will also be calling those who cancelled appointments to insure their care needs are being met, and they are receiving the care they need.
It is our hope that by offering alternative treatment options, we can accomplish the public health objective of keeping our patients safe at home, and limiting the spread of COVID-19 in the community, while still providing appropriate treatment options through MyBMGChart.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.
Please follow our Facebook page, and refer back here, to our website for new updates as we receive them.
For a full list of symptoms and guidelines from the Department of Health, please visit this page.