Mobility means a lot – to you and to us.
At Buffalo Medical Group, our Sports Medicine Department, comprised of orthopedic surgeons and board certified sports medicine primary care physicians, is dedicated to improving and restoring your mobility and quality of life, by dealing with physical fitness and the treatment and prevention of injuries related to sports, exercise and overuse.
From initial consultation and treatment options, to surgery and recovery, we’ll make sure you understand the entire process, and will tailor out treatment plans based on your condition and lifestyle to get you back to doing the things you love.
Treatments & Services
Our Sports Medicine physicians treat sports injuries, injuries and pain due to long-term repetitive motion, to other injuries and movement issues that can limit your daily life and level of activity. Our team is also able to help you to prevent injuries during activities.
Utilizing our sports medicine board certified primary care physicians; patients are able to be seen for their orthopedic or sports injuries issues sooner, and able to receive an accurate diagnosis quickly so a treatment and care plan can be coordinated with necessary specialists.
- Treatment of injuries and orthopedic issues related to ankles, elbows, hands, hips, knees, nerve compression disorders, shoulders, traumatic tendon ruptures and hips.
- Aspiration/injection including Visco supplements
- Simple fracture management; along with any
- Overuse/injury diagnosis and management plans, including concussions.
A Team Approach
Having a Sports Medicine department reduces wait time for initial appointments, and allows for faster diagnoses and treatment plans to be made. Located in the Northtowns and Southtowns, our team is able to treat patients in a location that is convenient to them.
Our primary care physicians and orthopedic surgeons work closely together to ensure the patient is getting the right level of care, and the correct treatment plan is determined.
Please call for information on office hours, or to schedule an appointment. You do not need to be a patient of our Primary Care Physicians to be seen for a sports medicine and primary care orthopedic related issue.
Making Care Convenient
If it’s determined that surgery is needed to treat you injury or condition, we offer several surgery locations, to make it convenient for you:
- Ambulatory Surgery Center of Western New York – Amherst
- Center for Ambulatory Surgery – West Seneca
- Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital – Williamsville
- Southtowns Surgical Center – Orchard Park
- St. Joseph’s Hospital – Cheektowaga